Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all Members of the Ryan Canter Club (the “Club”). In these Terms “we”, “us” or “our” means Ryan Asset Management Ltd and a “Member”, “you” or “your” means any person or business who has applied to and been accepted as a member of the
- The address for all correspondence under these Terms is Ryan Asset Management Ltd, Ryan House, Star Road, Partridge Green, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13
- These Terms form part of your membership agreement with Your membership agreement with us is made up of your application form and these Terms (which includes sections A, B and C). Together these documents form a legal agreement between us, so please make sure that you carefully read these Terms and the application form.
- We reserve the right to make changes to our Terms at any time and we will give you reasonable notice of the changes that we plan to If you are not happy with the changes, you may cancel your membership in accordance with the provisions of clause A3. These Terms replace any previous versions.
- The general terms and conditions of Membership are given in Section
- Details of the different types of membership available are given in Section
- Your membership agreement is governed by the laws of
- The different membership fees for each type of membership are specified in Section C (Types of Membership).
- When starting your membership, you will be asked to pay one month’s Membership Fee in advance (only where you intend to pay by direct debit). If you decide to join before 15th of any given month your direct debit will start the next month (subject to the direct debit being set up in time). However, if you join after the 15th, your direct debit will be commencing the month after
- You can pay your Membership Fees by monthly direct debit or single annual
- We will not refund any Membership Fees you have paid either annually or by direct debit, or any pro rata amount unless such a refund is provided for in clause Any claim for a refund must be in writing and sent to the Club.
- While you are a Member you must pay your Membership Fees whether you use the Club services or
- If you choose to pay by monthly direct debit:
- This is your advance notice of payments to be collected by direct debit You will need to complete a direct debit payment authority form.
- We will take your monthly Membership Fee payments by direct debit on or around the 1st day of each calendar month and you will pay in advance for the following
- You must send written notice of any amendment of direct debit subscriptions to us at the This notification must arrive by the 15th day of the month. If we agree to these changes we will notify you in writing and they will come into effect from the first day of the following month. If you fail to give notice by that date your request might not actioned in time for the next direct debit requested by the Club.
- Any service that you use within the Club will be taken out with your direct debit unless requested If you use a service before the 15th day of the month, we will take payment for that service on your next direct debit. If you use a service on or after the 15th of the month, it will roll through to the following month and payment will be taken on that direct debit.
- Once you establish your direct debit payments your membership is indefinite, subject to cancellation by us, until you cancel your membership under the terms of clause
- It is your responsibility to arrange to cancel your direct debit on cancellation of your
- If you choose to make an annual payment:
- You will pay the annual Membership Fee in one amount at the beginning of your You may pay these amounts by credit or debit card or bank transfer.
- We will send you a reminder that your membership is due to expire towards the end of your annual You can cancel your annual membership in accordance with clause A3.2.
2. Changes to your Membership
- You may upgrade your membership category at any time by paying the difference for the remainder of the month, and if this notification does not arrive before the 15th day of the month, you will also need to pay the difference of the following
- You may only downgrade your membership category after 3 months on your current membership This notification must arrive by the 15th day of the month and will come into effect from the first day of the following month. You must ensure that arrangements are in place to cover any on-going additional membership fees payable. Any request from you to amend your membership category in any way will not be effective until we have confirmed our agreement to you in writing.
- If you need to make any changes to your membership or personal or payment details, you should do so in writing to the Membership Coordinator at the Club It is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes to these details.
3. Cancellation Rights
- If you pay your Membership Fee monthly by direct debit:
- You may cancel your membership (after the first three months of membership have elapsed) by giving one full calendar
months’ notice in writing;
- You must ensure that we receive the notice of cancellation by the 15th day of the month before your membership ceases, to ensure that we have sufficient time to action your notice of cancellation;
- Your written notice must be sent to Membership Administrator at the Club Office;
- When we have taken the final payment from you, it is your responsibility to ensure that you contact your bank and cancel your direct debit
- If you decide you wish to reinstate your membership within 30 days of the cancellation date you may do so but will be required to pay any sums outstanding for that month up
- If you have paid your Membership Fee annually in advance (in return for our discounted annual subscription fees) you may cancel at any time after the expiry of your 12-month period of membership by written notice to us to take effect after the expiry of the 12-month membership
- We will end your membership immediately on receipt of notice of your death. If you have paid in full for annual membership, we will refund any payments you may have made in advance for the full calendar months of membership If you pay your Membership Fee by direct debit, on receipt of official notice of your death, your bank will cease to make any further direct debit payments.
- We may cancel your membership with immediate effect without notice if, at any time, you:
- Seriously or repeatedly breach the conditions of your membership;
- Allow any other person to use your membership to gain access to the services provided by the Club;
- You or your guests use abusive language or behave in a threatening or violent manner
- Your behaviour is in any way injurious to the character of the
- If we end your membership in accordance with clause 4 then we will not make any refund to you of any monies paid to us for the months you were a member or for any future period you have committed and paid for membership.
4. What happens if you fail to make a payment?
- While you still owe us payments, you will not be allowed to use the services of the Club and we may cancel your membership. More details are set out below, but we reserve the right to start procedures to collect these payments at any time, as follows:
- Insufficient funds in your account: We may try again to collect the payment by direct debit, but if this is not possible we will write to you and ask you to make the payment by debit or credit card or BACS If, one month after the date we contact you, you still owe us the payment, we may cancel your membership with immediate effect and take action in accordance with clause A4.2.
- Incorrect direct debit details from you: We will ask you to make the payment by debit or credit card and ask you to give us your correct If you do not make the payment or you do not provide the correct details we may cancel your membership with immediate effect and take action in accordance with clause A4.2.
- Cancellation of your direct debit with your bank without giving us the necessary notice: We will ask you to make the payment due by debit or credit card or BACS If, one month after the date we contact you for this money, you still owe us the payment, we may cancel your membership with immediate effect and take action in accordance with clause A4.2.
- In each case where any payment from you remains outstanding and we have tried and failed to collect payment as described above we may instruct a debt collection agency to seek any payments you owe (and this would include any associated court costs or other costs we have incurred in collecting the payment).
5. Your Personal Data
- We will take all necessary steps to ensure that any personal data or information provided by you to us shall be treated as confidential information and in particular, we shall not:
- Use the personal data or information nor reproduce the data or information in whole or in part in any form except as may be required by our obligations under these terms
- Disclose the personal data or information to any third party or persons not authorised to receive
- Alter, delete, add to or otherwise interfere with the data or
6. Maintenance Plans
- The maintenance plan is put in place in order to help reduce the large You will only have access to what you have saved. The Ryan Canter Club does not offer credit.
- You can request to have any money you have accrued back within 3-5 working
- Our Duties
1.1 We have a duty to you when you use our services. We Must:
- Authorize any work that is requested through one of our
- Check thoroughly the work that has been requested and whether it is
- Check whether any work requested can be done through
- Check that our relevant discounts and terms have been
- Check invoices for correct rates for parts and labour where
- TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Company Membership: If you are an employee of a company paying for the Canter Club, you will have access to all of the services of the canter club for your vehicle in accordance with clause C1.2.
Individual: Entitles you to use all of the Canter Club’ services for one vehicle.
0-5: Entitles you to use all of the Canter Club’ services for up to 5 vehicles.
6-10: Entitles you to use all of the Canter Club’ services for up to 10 vehicles.
11-20: Entitles you to use all of the Canter Club’ services for up to 20 vehicles.
21+: Entitles you to use all of the Canter Club’ services for as many vehicles as you wish.
- You must notify us of any vehicles that will be joining your Any request to use one of our services using a registration that is not registered as part of your membership may not be authorised.
- It is your responsibility to input your own data into the Ryan Canter Club When running a fleet and drivers switch vehicles, it is your responsibility to ensure that they have the correct information inputted into the app. We are not liable for any errors or omissions. If you wish for us to put the data in on your behalf, then that information must be provided in writing.
3.2 We offer all of our Canter Club members trade pricing so our discounts become your discounts. It synchronises with the invoice checking insuring you’re getting the best prices we can. Where the invoice value is over £100+VAT, we will issue a £20 Canter Club charge which will be added to your invoice. This covers our administrative fee in order to pass on our full trade discounts.